Sports Massage Therapy
A lot of people become apprehensive when they see ‘Sports Massage Therapy’ and think it is only useful to fitness fanatics or elite athletes. Sports Massage Therapy 2 You are open to all ages, fitness and work backgrounds. You can either be looking for improved muscular performance, mobility or general maintenance from being sat down at work or driving all day.
From our customers experience, they have found it difficult to find a treatment to create long term benefits. Howerver, the response they get from sports massage therapy is excellent. Sports massage therapy is a type of treatment that has proved to enhance blood production around the body, improve mobility, decrease pain, releasing tightness, improve sleep, and to decrease any stress levels. There are a variety of techniques involved in sports massage targeting different needs, such as:
- Effleurage – A light, slow and soothing technique. To increase blood flow to working area.
- Petrissage – Loosens muscle fibres and increases circulation throughout tissues. Also reduces ‘toxins’ in working area.
- Tapotement – Stimulates muscle. Improves muscle tone. Ideal technique for pre sport event preparations.
- Deep friction/tissue massage – Stimulates muscles fibres and opens up blood flow to muscle tissues.
- Soft tissue release – Technique used to assess and stretch soft tissues. Targets areas that have increased tension and are difficult to stretch.
- Post event massage – Assists in cool down process. Relaxes muscle groups. Stimulates blood circulation and reduces potential muscle soreness.
What do Sports Massage Therapy 2 You treat?
- Joint problems
- Shin splints
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Muscle stiffness
- ‘Flat Feet’
- Achilles problems
- Knee problems
- ‘Runners’ Knee’
- Tennis Elbow
- Many more!!
Towels will be used throughout the treatment for clients comfort and dignity. Massage cream or oil’s will be used for treatments.
Should you have any allergies please notify the therapist before booking commences. Sports Massage Therapy 2 You’s aim is to make the client feel as comfortable as possible and prior treatment the therapist will discuss with you on the routine of the massage.
Please be aware massage treatment may result in bruising, rashes and delayed muscle soreness. These reactions are all normal and post treatment advice and tips will be discussed at the end of your appointment.